GLOBIS Insights is an online publication with a mission to empower global professionals at every stage of their career to innovate, achieve their potential, and create positive social impact.
We are currently CLOSED to submissions.
We will update this page to reflect open submission windows.
How to Submit to GLOBIS Insights
Interested in contributing to Insights? We’re pleased to welcome you! To begin, please read our submission guidelines carefully before submitting.
Note: Do not email us with pitch ideas—no topic suggestions, no title ideas, no outlines. We accept full article submissions only. Emails with pitch ideas will be ignored and blocked.
Themes and Topics We Like to Publish on GLOBIS Insights
We’re seeking articles with fresh perspectives on business topics, particularly those related to Japan and Asia. Every article should have a clear, actionable message supported by evidence and anecdotes. We love originality and persuasive, well-supported arguments. Above all, our readers should be able to take what you’re presenting and apply it to their business practices in the real world.
Here are some topics we like to write about:
- Ways to promote sustainability for business for a better collective future
- Promoting diversity (in all its forms)
- Tips for entrepreneurial leadership
- New technology and innovations for positive social impact
And here’s what we don’t want:
- Academic analyses or vague interpretations
- Puff pieces about companies, products, brands, or individuals
- Information that’s already mainstream and/or available on 1,000 other sites (Don’t tell us diversity is valuable for business . . . we know. Give us a fresh take on why!)
- Unsupported opinions (Strong opinions are welcome, but we want to hear them through personal experience and reliable, cited sources.)
- Flat criticism without solutions (Blogs are for aimless ranting; Insights is a publication for problem solving.)
Preferred Article Length
Our articles tend to run 900–1,600 words. Anything longer or shorter will need to have a strong reason for being the length it is.
Reprints & Simultaneous Submissions
Reprints are a hard sell for us, but we do accept them under the right circumstances.
First, the rights MUST have reverted to you, and the article MUST follow these submission guidelines.
Second, you MUST be upfront about your submission being a reprint and where it appeared previously. Include a link if it’s still active. If we find your article was posted elsewhere (yes, we will check) and you didn’t tell us about it, there’s a good chance you’ll get blacklisted.
Third, please note that we retain the right to change the headline, images, or style to suit our in-house guidelines. All changes will be confirmed with the author before publication.
Simultaneous submissions generally follow the same rules—if you’re sending the piece to multiple publications, let us know. If we accept it, we expect you to withdraw the submission elsewhere. If another publication accepts it before we do, congrats! . . . But let us know.
Who Can Write for GLOBIS Insights
- An authority on the topic: Give us evidence that you know what you’re talking about—anecdotes, relevant examples, data, and reliable citations.
- A flexible and communicative writer: We might change the title of your piece, make cuts, or ask for revisions. We will give you deadlines if we request rewrites, and we expect you to respond to e-mails.
- An English speaker. You don’t need to be a native speaker, but we only accept submissions in English, and we expect those submissions to be well-crafted, persuasive, and free of sloppy errors.
Who CANNOT Write for GLOBIS Insights
- A link farmer*
- A bot
- A writer who doesn’t proofread, spell check, or otherwise put effort into how your article is crafted. Our editorial team will not do all the work for you.
- A blogger looking to pay to have us post your articles. We DO NOT accept payment from our writers under any circumstances. We don’t want your money—we want your expertise!
- Anyone who doesn’t read these submission guidelines.
Not that we DO have methods of checking if you fall into these categories, and we know how to use the “block address” function of our inbox.
*We allow follow links provided they meet the below conditions:
- The link is fully relevant to the content (No dropping a link to “10 Best Toys for Your Dog” in an article about venture funding)
- The link appears toward the end of the article (for SEO reasons)
- You return the favor with a follow link to GLOBIS Insights from your end
DO NOT ask if we’re willing to accept payment for follow links in exchange for any of the above conditions. We’re not.
The GLOBIS Style Guide
Like any professional platform, we have a preferred writing style. Generally, we follow American English and The Chicago Manual of Style. At the very least, eliminate indisputable spelling and grammatical errors—articles that have obviously not been proofread will be swiftly shown the door.
How to get on our good side:
- Use serial/Oxford commas. (Jack, John, and Angela—NOT Jack, John and Angela)
- Commas and periods go inside quotation marks, always, as per the American English style.
- Hyperlink to sources. Do not include links in parentheses or footnotes.
- Capitalize responsibly. Our titles follow standard headline format, and we respect the proper noun.
- Do NOT double space after periods, add double periods after abbreviations (etc..), or use ellipses (except in amended quotes).
- Do NOT cite sources such as Wikipedia, forums, or blogs.
- Do NOT misquote or plagiarize sources. (We fact check, and we’ll catch it.)
Still interested? Fantastic. We’re eager to hear from new voices. Here’s what you need to do:
- Read these submission guidelines
- Email us your full article, either pasted into the body of an e-mail as plain text or attached as a .doc or .docx.
- Set the subject as follows: Submission: [Article Title].
- Send the email to email@example.com
A cover letter is not necessary, but if you’ve never written for us before, please send us a brief profile with the below information:
- Your full name (indicate a pen name separately, if you prefer to use one)
- Your occupation and background (graduating university, certifications, awards, professional achievements, etc.)
- Any previous publications (online, print, audio, what have you)
We’re especially interested in relevant experience that qualifies you to write about what you’re sending us. (We don’t need to know you were a dog walker unless you’re writing about how innovations in dog walking can be applied to management, for example.)
Please DO NOT submit the following:
- Hardcopies, phone inquiries, or FAX
- Topic ideas, title suggestions, outlines, or other general proposals—we want clean, complete articles.
- Articles that we have previously rejected
- Requests for feedback after rejection. We will let you know if we think an article can be edited to suit our platform. If you don’t receive such instructions, we’re not the right place for your article.
We respond to all submissions, provided they follow these submission guidelines. Expect up to four weeks for a response. After that, feel free to query. We accept up to two submissions at a time, sent in separate e-mails. Please wait for a response to any submission before sending more. We do not accept simultaneous submissions.
Revisions & Scheduling
It’s not at all uncommon for us to request revisions—in fact, you should expect it. Minor edits will be handled by our editorial team and shared with you prior to publication. To maximize our audience, we’re committed to making your piece as strong as possible. Rest assured, our team is trained to do this and relies on communication to ensure all changes are for the best.
Please note that our editing team has final say over all images included in a piece, as well as titles, subtitles, and style.
Payment & Rights
While we cannot offer payment at this time, we promote all of our articles via our global social media community.
Any content published on GLOBIS Insights should remain exclusive to our site for at least two weeks. After that, you are free to reprint elsewhere, but please link back to the original article on GLOBIS Insights.